Suturing Skills: The Art of Wound Repair
Suturing expert Theresa M. Campo, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP, FAAN, ENP-C, will help you learn how to suture through a step-by-step approach.
Dermabond and other newer products about to come on the market will be covered, as an introduction to the use of a bio-adhesive in the care of lacerations.
Techniques Taught in this suture techniques course:
- Local wound injection
- Anesthetizing the wound area
- Field block
- Digital field block
- Preparing the wound
- Halving, learning needle placement, and performing a simple suture
- Running suture
- Running locking suture
- Horizontal mattress suture
- Running horizontal mattress suture
- Vertical mattress suture
- Corner suture
- Excising biopsy
- Intracuticular suture
- Proper application of bioadhesives
- Punch biopsy and “X” stitch
- Staple Repair
- Butterfly closures
Note: This course provides 6 of the 30 continuing emergency care education hours in emergency care procedural skills required to sit for the AANPCB Emergency NP Exam under ENP Option 1.