Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children
Learn the what, how, and why of pathophysiology! With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, McCance and Huether’s Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 9th Edition helps you understand the most important and most complex pathophysiology concepts. This updated text includes more than 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs to make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function. It’s the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text available!
New to this edition
- NEW! More than 50 new or revised illustrations visually reinforce pathophysiology concepts.
- NEW! Emerging Science boxes highlight the most current research and clinical developments.
- Unparalleled coverage of pathophysiology content makes this the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text on the market.
- Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Over 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes ? more than in any other pathophysiology text.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy for you to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
- Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
- Coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics further explores genetic disease traits.
- Obesity and Nutritional Disorders chapter thoroughly covers these growing global concerns.
- Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
- More than 30 3D animations on the companion Evolve website bring difficult concepts to life for a new perspective on disease processes.