Ferri's Best Test: A Practical Guide to Clinical Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging
Author: Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP
Edition: 5th Edition
NPs must consider a myriad of tests in the diagnostic process, requiring an up-to-date understanding of changing technology and the demands of time- and cost-efficiency. Ferri's Best Test, 5th Edition, is a unique, easy-to-use guide that simplifies complex information and helps you choose the best test to supplement your clinical diagnostic skills. It includes both lab and imaging tests for concise, convenient access to all diagnostic test options for more than 200 common diseases and disorders.
• Practical, concise, spiral-bound, and pocket-sized—designed from cover to cover for quick, on-the-go reference.
• Three convenient sections provide quick access to key information on clinical laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging, and diagnostic algorithms.
• New and updated content on cardiac computed tomography angiography, computed tomography perfusion imaging, COVID-19, and much more.
• Coverage of 23 new laboratory tests and 14 new diseases and disorders.
• Essential information on indications, advantages, disadvantages, approximate costs, normal ranges, typical abnormalities, likeliest causes, and more.
• Experienced author Dr. Fred Ferri uses a unique, easy-to-follow format to simplify complex information and help you choose the best test for every patient.
• New appendices on electrocardiography and respiratory testing and function.
• Comparison tables and illustrations help improve your test selection.
• Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook includes an image collection with access on a variety of devices.