Acute and Chronic Allergic Urticaria: Diagnosis and Management
Urticaria (hives) is a skin response to an allergen that is expressed through burning, stinging, and itching.
Learn about common causes, current management guidelines and treatment, and when emergency intervention is needed.
Dermatology expert Victor Czerkasij, MA, MSN, FNP-C, will help you learn:
- How to differentiate between major categories of urticaria
- How to identify triggers for acute and chronic urticaria
- Current management guidelines
- How to select the best treatment, ranging from antihistamines to biologics
- When emergency intervention is needed
- How to implement strategies to prevent ongoing flares