This guide is organized in an easy-to-access format with disorders for which drugs can play a significant therapeutic role. The listing for each disorder includes clinical features and symptoms, as well as information about the most current and effective drugs for management.
A clearly formatted table identifies the first and second lines of drug therapy along with adjunctive therapies for each disorder. Drugs are organized according to classification, and each listing provides the essential information needed to safely prescribe and monitor a patient's response to a particular drug. Brand and generic names, drug class, customary dosage, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations are addressed. Convenient, practical, and portable, this guide will be a welcome and frequently used resource.
- Presents psychopharmacological treatment guidelines for major DSM-5 disorders and parameters for use of each drug
- Prioritizes drugs according to their clinical efficacy and recommended treatment algorithms
- Includes brand and generic names, customary dosages, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations
- Provides easy-to-read tables for quick clinical consultation
- Offers information on clinical algorithms, lab evaluation, and preventive services