UM Inpatient Mastery Module - General Pharmacology
- Principles of Safe Prescribing: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Pharmacogenomics, & Drug Interactions
- QT-prolonging Medications: When to worry
- Uncommon Drug Reactions: The Zebra in your Office
- Vitamin D Deficiency: How to Assess and Intervene in this Common Condition
- Transgender Patient Essential Care: Making Healthcare Trans-parent
- Deprescribing in Older Adults: Doing more by doing less
- Drug-drug and Drug-nutrient Interactions: Avoiding Common Problems
- Antimicrobial Update: The Basics and Beyond
- Urinary Tract Infection in Adults
- Ticked Off: Myths, Truths, and Realities of Tick-Borne Infections
- Rx Essentials: Nutraceuticals Prescribing Update
Courses included in this package. Click on a course to learn more.
- UM- Principles of Safe Prescribing 3.7 3.7
The art of safe prescribing begins with understanding the importance of a medication's pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic profile.
- UM- QT-prolonging Medications: When to Worry 1.5 1.5
Dr. Fitzgerald outlines the mechanism, risks, and clinical consequences of QT prolongation associated with a variety of medications in this case-based program. Learn about clinical alternatives to the use of selected QT-prolonging medications.
- UM- Drug Adverse Effects: Focusing on the most serious problems 1.5 1.5
Dr. Fitzgerald's case-based step-by step presentation will help you recognize and develop a plan for avoiding and/or treating select less-known drug adverse effects. Marijuana drug use interaction is also addressed.
- UM- Vitamin D Deficiency: Assessment & Intervention 1.25 0.25
Is vitamin D a vitamin or a hormone? Is vitamin D deficiency the cause of a multitude of illnesses, or is it a source of hype? Learn the answers to these questions from expert clinician, Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald.
- UM- Transgender Patient Essential Care: Making Healthcare Trans-parent 1.6 0.3
The program describes the appropriate language to use when caring for a transgender patient, explains the differences between gender identity, gender dysphoria, and transgender and discusses WPATH standards of care for transgender clients.
- UM- Deprescribing in Older Adults: Doing More by Doing Less 1.5 1.5
Part of good prescribing, deprescribing is the planned and supervised process of dose reduction or stopping of medication that might be causing harm or no longer be of benefit. Deprescribing is particularly important in older patients.
- UM- Drug-Drug and Drug-Nutrient Interactions: Avoiding Common Problems 1.6 1.6
Understanding the mechanisms of common drug-drug and drug-nutrient interactions is essential to safe prescribing. Learn these mechanisms and how to avoid common interactions in this case-based course from Dr. Fitzgerald.
- UM- Antimicrobial Update: The Basics and Beyond 2.9 2.9
This course is designed to help demystify antimicrobial prescribing in common bacterial infections, including acute bacterial sinusitis, urinary tract infection, acute bronchitis, and skin and soft tissue infections.
- UM- UTI in Adults: Update on Assessment & Treatment & Asymptomatic Bacteriuria 1.6 1.6
What are the most likely urinary tract infection (UTI) organisms? What are the most common UTI risk factors? What are the current recommendations for assessment and treatment of UTI? Learn the answers to these questions in this evidence-based program.
- UM- Ticked Off: Myths, Truths, and Realities of Tick-Borne Infections 1.6 0.4
Early diagnosis of tick-borne disease is key to avoiding complications. Learn to differentiate, recognize and treat these infections, including Lyme disease, babesia, and Ehrlichia.
- UM- Rx Essentials: Nutraceuticals Prescribing Update 4 4
In this case-based program, Dr. Fitzgerald presents essential prescribing updates and best practices for the most-commonly used nutraceuticals (vitamins, minerals, and herbs) based on established and emerging evidence.