Rx Essentials: Type 2 Diabetes Prescribing Update
Get essential prescribing updates on the latest treatment recommendations in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Learn to appropriately prescribe the wide variety of medications now available for the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Pharmacology expert Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald highlights initiation and maintenance insulin therapy. She focuses on refining prescribing practices in the person with type 2 diabetes, keeping in mind compelling indications for the use of select medications.
You will learn about:
- Therapeutic goals in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- The mechanism of action of the wide variety of medications
- Appropriate clinical scenarios and compelling indications for the use of each of the available medications
- The contraindications and precautions in the use of each T2DM medication
- Appropriate use of insulin at the time of T2DM diagnosis
- Indications for the initiation and continuation of insulin therapy
Rx Essentials courses deliver prescribing updates to help you keep up-to-date and feel confident you are treating your patients based on current prescribing best practices.