Outpatient Course Module
Courses included in this package. Click on a course to learn more.
- Rx Essentials: Hypertension Prescribing Update 4 4
Dr. Fitzgerald presents the latest information on hypertension management in this case-based course that incorporates the recommendations from the ACC/AHA and JNC-8 hypertension guidelines.
- Rx Essentials: Type 2 Diabetes Prescribing Update 4.1 4.1
Get essential prescribing updates with the latest treatment recommendations in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) from Dr. Fitzgerald. Learn to appropriately prescribe the wide variety of medications for the prevention and treatment of T2DM.
- Dyslipidemia Treatment Options Using the Latest Guidelines 1.6 1.6
What are the latest recommendations for lipid goals? What are the best options to help patients meet these goals? What laboratory testing is recommended with dyslipidemia testing? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this case-based session.
- Drug-Drug and Drug-Nutrient Interactions: Avoiding Common Problems 1.6 1.6
Understanding the mechanisms of common drug-drug and drug-nutrient interactions is essential to safe prescribing. Learn these mechanisms and how to avoid common interactions in this case-based course from Dr. Fitzgerald.
- Anemia Assessment and Intervention: Common and Not So Common 1.8 1.8
Award winning speaker Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald provides a concise review of the use of laboratory testing to confirm the diagnosis of anemia and investigate its underlying cause(s).
- Allergic Rhinitis Assessment and Intervention 1.4 1.4
Learn to differentiate between the common cold, acute bacterial rhinosinusitis, and allergic rhinitis. Dr. Fitzgerald presents evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing allergic rhinitis.
- COPD: Latest Treatment Recommendations 1.6 1.6
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is preventable and treatable. Acclaimed clinician-educator Dr. Fitzgerald presents the latest COPD guidelines for diagnosis and treatment.
- Asthma Update: An Evidence-based Approach to Management Throughout the Lifespan 1.9 1.9
Learn evidence-based strategies for step-up and step-down care and appropriate use of pharmacology in adults, adolescents, and children from expert clinician, Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald. Updated safety data on asthma medications is also covered.
- Acute Asthma and COPD Exacerbations: An evidence-based approach to management 2 1Learn the latest evidence-based recommendations on assessment and intervention in acute asthma exacerbations from Christy Yates, NP asthma expert and certified asthma educator.
- Anxiety and Panic Disorder: The Latest Treatment Recommendations 1.6 1.6
Expert clinician Dr. Fitzgerald focuses on the assessment of the person with anxiety and panic disorder as well as the choice of effective therapeutic agents.
- Depression: The Latest Treatment Recommendations 1.9 1.9
Improve your ability to treat patients with depression with this course focusing on patient assessment and appropriate selection of pharmacotherapy for depression, including SSRIs, SNRIs, and mood stabilizers.
- Opioid Prescribing: A comprehensive approach to legislative and practice issues 5 5
Using a case-based approach, pharmacology expert Dr. Sally Miller provides controlled substances prescribers with core knowledge required for safe and effective prescribing of scheduled drugs. Dr. Miller covers pain management and addiction.
- Chronic Pain Management: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment 4.1 4.1
Managing chronic pain is challenging. Learn to evaluate and assess pain, diagnose the root cause, manage pain based on severity, and appropriately prescribe opioids. Included cases tie learning to practical application of chronic pain management.
- Deprescribing in Older Adults: Doing More by Doing Less 1.5 1.5
Part of good prescribing, deprescribing is the planned and supervised process of dose reduction or stopping of medication that might be causing harm or no longer be of benefit. Deprescribing is particularly important in older patients.
- Migraine and Tension Headache: The Latest Treatment Recommendations 1.8 1.8
This program focuses on choosing the most appropriate and efficacious treatment options for the person with primary headache (migraine, tension-type and cluster), including the triptans, ergots, NSAIDs, combination therapies, opioids and others.
- Management of Thyroid Disorders: Too Many, Too Little, Masses 1.9 1.9
In this case-based program, award winning speaker and educator Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald discusses the most cost-effective tests to order in suspected thyroid disorders, recommended tests and imaging in the evaluation of a thyroid mass, evidence-based guidelines for intervention in common thyroid disorders and thyroid masses, and more.
- Laboratory Diagnostics: A Focus on Renal Insufficiency and Failure 1.8 1.8
Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald will help you learn the common and not-so-common risk factors for renal disease, the pathophysiology in renal disease, and the expected laboratory findings in acute and chronic renal disorders.
- Hepatic Function Assessment 2.1 0
Learn the appropriate use of laboratory testing as part of the evaluation process of the person with or at risk for hepatic dysfunction including drug-induced problems, acute and chronic infectious hepatitis. The program covers the clinical utility of commonly ordered hepatic laboratory tests such as hepatic enzymes, albumin, prothrombin time, bilirubin, and others, as part of the differential diagnosis process.
- WBC Count and Differential 1.5 0
This course will enable you to identify the function of the white blood cells as well as assessing the WBC with differential during acute bacterial infectious disease and infection recovery.
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Assessment & Intervention 1.25 0.5
Is vitamin D a vitamin or a hormone? Is vitamin D deficiency the cause of a multitude of illnesses, or is it a source of hype?