THE DCNP and CAQ-DERM Review Course - 2024/03/04 SAN DIEGO, CA
Location: Handlery Hotel San Diego
950 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108
Discounted Hotel Room Block: Booking Link
Date: 2024-03-04 to 2024-03-05
Time: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Course Director: Margaret Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP
Kara Mudd, MSPAS, PA-C
Mary Nolen, MS, ANP-BC, DCNP
Leigh Ann Pansch, MSN, FNP-C, DCNP
Veronica L. Richardson, MSN, ANP-BC, DCNP
Melissa Stone-Davis, MSPAS, PA-C
The focus of THE DCNP Review and Comprehensive Dermatology NP & PA Prep Course is on common and complex dermatology, not aesthetics. While we appreciate that cosmetics are an important aspect of dermatology services, the focus of this course is on acute and chronic dermatologic conditions. The 2-day program concentrates on the review of the diagnosis and therapeutic management of skin diseases including the newest pharmacotherapeutics. In addition to preparing dermatology NPs and PAs for certification, the goal is to enhance their ability to synthesize and integrate new knowledge to formulate management approaches for patient care, as well as increase their confidence in prescribing pharmacotherapies. Educational content is organized to maximize learning and is in accordance with the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam blueprint published by the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Board, as well as the NCCPA CAQ-Derm certificate blueprint.
Course content has been especially enhanced in the areas of pharmacotherapeutics, immunology, and genetics, so clinicians can acquire the knowledge and confidence to prescribe dermatologic medications safely and effectively.
- Review fundamental knowledge concepts for the successful preparation for the Dermatology Certified Nurse Practitioner examination and the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants’ Certificate of Additional Qualification (CAQ) in Dermatology.
- Accurately appraise your individual knowledge of dermatology so you can develop a learning plan to become a competent and confident dermatology NP/PA.
- Utilize advanced dermatology knowledge and skills competencies for clinical decision-making process including assessment, diagnosis, and evidenced-based management for optimal patient outcomes.
- Employ the breadth and depth of knowledge to utilized advance pharmacotherapeutics for safe and effective management of acute and chronic dermatologic conditions.
- 2-day interactive didactic sessions that focus on essential dermatology knowledge, evidenced-based content, and pharmacotherapeutics for competent dermatology NP and PA practice.
- Faculty are well known dermatology NPs and PA with extensive clinical and educational experience in dermatology.
- Attendees will have access to course handouts and online access for 3 months.
- Test-taking strategies and practice exam question sessions that provide NPs and PAs with skills that are unique when sitting for a certification examination.
- Program content and format that allow the attendee to assess their knowledge and preparedness for practice and certification.
- Many NPs and PAs may not be ready to sit for the certification examination but will use this program as a framework to structure their orientation and learning plan.
- All attendees will receive course handouts which will include all PowerPoint presentations by faculty.
- Registered attendees will have 90 days on-line access to the lectures.
- Additional purchase of the Dermatology Essentials for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, 1st Ed. is not required. However, many less experienced dermatology NPs and PAs like to use this textbook as their training guide and preparation for certification. Attendees of this course will receive a discount. Moreover, the text provides the ONLY text that provides practice examination questions. Attendees of this course will receive a discount.